... part of Eagle Hill Publications' series of natural history science journals covering eastern North America, Central and South America, the Caribbean, as well as urban areas worldwide.
The Caribbean Naturalist (ISSN # 2326-7119) is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes original articles focused on natural history research related to all aspects of the biology and ecology of terrestrial, freshwater, and marine organisms and the environments of the Caribbean region. The journal offers:
• over 15 years experience of consistently providing timely publication of high-quality peer-reviewed research
• article-by-article online publication for prompt distribution to a global audience
• an efficient and responsive review process
• the capability to accommodate publication of a wide range of supplemental files in association with journal articles
• extensive experience in production of special issues based on conference proceedings, workshop or symposiums, or a thematic collection of articles. Our special issue guidelines are a good place to start if you are considering publishing an entire issue highlighting a particular topic.
• indexing ... the Caribbean Naturalist is indexed in the Web of Science (clarivate.com) and by way of author entries in Google Scholar and Researchgate. Its indexing coverage is expected to become comparable to that of the Institute's first 3 journals (Northeastern Naturalist, Southeastern Naturalist, and Journal of the North Atlantic). These 3 journals are included in full-text in BioOne.org, JSTOR.org, and on their respective journal websites and are indexed in Web of Science (clarivate.com) and EBSCO.com.
The journal is published by the Eagle Hill Institute, a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation of the State of Maine (Federal tax ID # 010379899).
Questions concerning submissions, subscriptions, and proposals for special issues should be directed to email@example.com
General inquiries for the publisher should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to
Eagle Hill Institute, PO Box 9, 59 Eagle Hill Road, Steuben, Maine 04680-0009 USA
207-546-2821; FAX 207-546-3042
We welcome your submission to the journal. Before sending in a manuscript, please view the Range and Scope page of this site to be sure the topic is suitable for consideration. Also, authors should carefully read the formatting and procedural guidelines in the following documents and refer to the sample article for a model of what is generally expected in terms of formatting.
If you have any questions regarding manuscript submission, please contact email@example.com.
Online access to journal tables of contents and abstract pages is available to all. Subscribers have access to complete content for all current and past articles and special issues.
For those wishing to subscribe, click on the Subscriptions link in the left column. For those wishing to log in to manage their current subscription account, log in here.
The publisher, Eagle Hill Institute reserves the copyright to all its publications. Any reproduction, other than for an individual's own personal and private use, or distribution of journal content is prohibited without written permission from Eagle Hill Institute.
Authors of articles published in the Caribbean Naturalist are allowed to post the pdf reprints of their articles on their own website, as well as personally distribute copies to their colleagues, provided they do so along with a clear statement of the Institute's copyright policy as stated above.